The IQ Test a Gob Member Failed
This is the Densa Society Quiz (Densa is the opposite of the famous genius society, Mensa). If you pass the test, you're normal, but if you fail it, you're either slow, or brain dead! This was the test given to Gob frontman, Theo, by the Montreal Mirror.
1. Is there a fourth of July in England?
Um, oh, I know these are trick questions! I'll say yeah, there's a fourth of July--like the date, like the date after the third of July--everywhere.
2. How many birth days does the average man have?
How am I supposed to know that?! I'm not a scientist or anything! Birthdays, birthdays....how about 80?
3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
That's easy. February has 28 days every four years.
4. How many outs are there in an inning?
I don't think I understand this question. What's an out and an inning? Oh, it's a baseball thing. Three!
5. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister?
Our shower just broke in our hotel room, our bassist just scalded himself to death, I'm finding it hard to think properly about these questions. Shit! Widow... sister...I'll say... um... Oh, I get it! You can't have a widow unless you are dead. It's not legal to marry a dead man. My answer is NO!
6. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
You have two, because you took them.
7. A doctor gives you three pills, telling you to take one every half hour. How many minutes would the pills last?
Shit. The shower-fixing guy is here, hold on [fumbles around, talks about scalded bandmate with shower-fixer man, complains about Densa test] Fuck! I don't know. How am I supposed to know how long they last. Is this one of those misleading questions? Who made this test?
8. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
I dunno. One girl, one boy. One of each sex?
9. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5'10" tall. What does he weigh?
Ha, ha, ha. These are impossible, man! How am I supposed to know what he weighs?
10. How many two-cent stamps are there in a dozen?
Twelve--that's easy. I think I'm getting the hang of this now.
Densa score: 4/10. Densa rating: Slow.
Answers: 2. Just one. Every man is born only once (unless you wanna get into religious business); 3. Twelve--all of them!; 4. Six--three for each side, and yes, it is a baseball thing; 7. Sixty--start with the first pill, thirty minutes later take the second, then 30 minutes later take the third, after that, the pills are all gone! 8. None-- Moses didn't have an ark, Noah did; 9. A butcher weighs meat.