20 questions with Michael Schorr:(from 2000).
29 years old
Let's see, the worst one I can think of is Cheetobelly.
4. Favourite colour?
Orange, with grey my favorite lack of color.
5. Favourite food?
Currently I still can't get enough Thai food and eat it as often as I can.
6. Word or phrases that you overuse?
7. Favourite sport?
8. Favourite book?
I don't really have a favorite, but I'm reading a biography of Einstein right now. Carl Sagan is a hero of mine too, so all of
9. If your house was on fire and you could save only one thing, what would it be?
10. Favourite movie?
Like books, I don't really have a favorite, but I loved Contact and I've watched Brazil way too many times.
11. your hobbies?
My secret shames are Quake III Arena and Gran Turismo 2.
12. Favourite place to visit?
13. Favourite ice cream flavor?
14. If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why?
I'd probably like to be garlic, if you would consider that a vegetable, it's so versatile. Garlic + food = happy.
15. Is the glass half empty or half full?
16. Musical influences?
I would say everything I have listened to becomes an influence to some degree. Current bands that have changed the way I play would include Pan American, Pinback, Bowery Electric, Giant Sand and the Dismemberment Plan.
17. If you weren't doing music right now, what do you think you'd be doing with your life?
I'd probably return to school and enter the computer fray
and design games or something. I'd probably still mess around with either recording or mastering though, I really can't imagine music not being part of my life.
18. Favourite song at the moment?
Song two on the new bowery electric.
19. Best show you've ever been to?
John Zorn's Masada or the Kronos Quartet.
20. Favorite death cab song?
At the moment it seems Company Calls Epilogue. I really do like them all though.
More Individual Bios: